December 19, 2012
December 17, 2012
December 3, 2012
I just found this blog "PEPPER VINTAGE" this morning and loved this post... "10 Things that make me Smile." So, I decided to write a post about 10 things that make me smile, too... I noticed that the author of the blog, Christine, and I have a lot in common!
1. COFFEE --- Coffee, no matter what time of the day - and it has to be REALLLY good coffee, too!
The funny thing is that I live in a country that is renowned for good coffee, yet; it's not EVERYWHERE I go in Paris, where I find good coffee... It's always fun to hunt for the "perfect" cup of coffee!
2. French people carrying the baguettes - No matter what day or what time of day, but especially around lunch time, you will see the people walking around with their baguettes, usually tucked under their arm, and perhaps biting off the end as they are walking. Whenever I see people walking around with the baguettes, it makes me smile, and sometimes laugh... because it's soo exclusively French! I have been to many different countries, but France is the only country I've been to where people walk around with their daily bread and nibble as they go! The problem with nibbling on your baguette, especially if it's hot out of the oven, is that there is no guarantee that the bread will make it home!
3. Kids and babies! Kids are sooo cute, they make me smile. They say and do the funniest things and they are so candid and real!
4. SUNSHINE! Sunshine is one of the things I need most in my life. Plus blue skies. I am from California, Southern California- the LAND OF ETERNAL SUNSHINE! So, it's only normal for me to want and crave sunshine. It puts me in a happy, sing-songy mood and I smile all day long when the sun is shining! Long live the SUNSHINE!
5. PINK!!! Need I say more?! Anything pink perks me up and makes me happy. Pink IS "HAPPY"!
6. Smiley faces and Friendly people... Nothing makes me smile more than when someone smiles at me first! It just makes me day soooo much brighter!! SMILES ROCK!!!
7. MUSIC! Music makes me SMILE and come alive! I LOVE Music!!!! Music is the LAUGHTER of the SOUL! Laughter is the Music of the Soul.
8. Cupcakes and any type of cake or pastry or pie that is BEAUTIFUL! YUMMMM! It makes me smile!
9. Thinking about California.... makes me smile! I miss my sunny city in So. Cal.... EVERYTHING about it and especially my friends!
10. Dance! Whenever I dance, I smile... it makes me feel soooo good to dance and move around while listening to my favourite music!
Well, there you have it! The top ten things that make me smile! What makes you smile? It's such a great topic for a blog post.... if you have time, do it.. And drop me a line with the link so I can check it out..
Have an OUTSTANDING WEEK!!!
November 30, 2012
My mom is gone but she's always in my heart. She is not near, yet not far... she lives within me.
Me and my mom!
Pics from the 70s up to the 2005.
This is one of my fav. pics of Mom because her smile was the essence of who she was...
Mom left us too early in life, but I don't think one is ever prepared to loss a loved one, no time is a good time... We've continued living our lives as Mom would have wanted us too, but we can't forget this incredible and amazing woman who had a very special way about her- a way that could light up any dark room she walked into...
My Mom! My mom is Louise. My mom is beautiful, loving and kind. My mom is brave, strong and inspirational. My mom is special to me because she gave birth to me on Nov. 28, 1965. She nurtured me and raised me to be the special woman I am today. She supported me, put up with me, listened to me, gave me good advice, and loved me unconditionally. She was always kind and funny!! I LOVE my mom very much....
I wanted to let you know how much I miss you and that I think about you all the time... day and night! It's so hard to be without your beautiful smile, loving words, and warm hugs. You live on in my thoughts and in my heart. You are everything to me. You are the best mom EVER and you have always been there for me. I LOVE YOU!
November 26, 2012
|The Beautiful and Talented Manda Djinn Loisin|
|Manda singing at the Swann Bar in Montparnasse|
|Me n' Manda together in Montparnasse....|
Her sudden and unexpected passing came at a time when I had already lost two friends the previous month and the news of her passing really hit me hard. Two days after Thanksgiving.. and a few days just before the anniversary of my Mom's passing...
Manda was a dear friend of mine. She was my first American friend in Paris, in fact. We met on Myspace, of all places... and became real life friends soon afterwards. She was a ray of bright and beautiful sunshine in my life. She was a talented jazz and gospel singer with a TRULY AMAZING voice... She had a smile that made you smile ... and a laugh that made you laugh. She and I spent many a time discussing our lives in Paris as ex-Pats, as well as many other things... I always felt I could be myself around her-- and we made each other laugh and laugh!
I feel very fortunate and blessed to have had her in my life for 5 years.. and I miss her very much. I feel that her presence is very close to me, and I can often her her voice - talking, singing or laughing - in my mind. I love you Manda and I miss you dearly!
November 24, 2012
Something pretty to look at after all that food you all gobbled down for Thanksgiving! Many of you are working on LEFTOVERS--- which, in my opinion, is the SECOND BEST part of Thanksgiving...
It's like saying, "Yeh, it's no longer Thanksgiving, but we've got PLENTY of LEFTOVERS to last a few days after the fact! GOTTA LOVE IT!!
Hope you all made it through the BLACKEST DAY OF THE YEAR! Did anyone go out and fight the crowds?
Living in France, there's nothing to celebrate until Christmas comes.. and the big sales are in the month of January.. So, I'd like to hear if you all in the States did anything fun and remarkable..
Have a great weekend!
November 22, 2012
Dear Friends and Fam...
Today is THANKSGIVING DAY!! WHOOOO HOOO!!
Well, this is my ALL TIME FAV. AMERICAN HOLIDAY because we get time off from work/school to be with the family all day and eat a LOT!!!
Yet, this holiday now brings mixed feelings- It was my MOM'S fav. holiday and she's no longer here in the physical sense.. and so, I can't celebrate with her... and also my family is all spread out now, a little all over the world and so Thanksgiving is no longer the same 'family' holiday it once was! This is really hard for me.
I have been living in France now for almost 6 1/2 years and have continued to observe and celebrate this wonderful American/Canadian tradition every year... whether with a big group of people or just a few... It's always been fantastic and always PLENTY of food to go around, and then some.
Thanksgiving Day is a very, very special day to me and I would really like to give thanks to my wonderful and loving husband, Alex.... and to all my friends here in France.. I don't know what I'd do without all of them.. except that maybe I'd be in California- instead of here- haha!
I am very, very THANKFUL for my loving and dear family and also all of my cherished friends!
You all have made my life a wonderful so FANTASTIC and have enriched it! I am just so blessed and fortunate to have you all here- and especially to all of you I have met through blogging here- or whether we haven't actually met in person, I am thankful for all of you!
**ALL photos and images where taken from the internet.